By Tracey Manailescu
While getting married is a wonderfully romantic time, wedding planning is also arguably one of the most stressful times in your life thus far.
- 1. Most of your guests don’t actually like to attend a wedding (spoiler alert!) That’s why it’s so important to make your guests feel special and appreciated them while they are in your care. Being a good host goes beyond providing food and drinks. Add special entertainment like salsa/bachata dancers and then have them provide dance lessons, strolling magicians, lawn games, specialty photo stations like a 360 photo booth station, etc.
- 2. Have an extra pair of shoes to change into. Comfortable shoes that you can dance the night away in. Rescue Flats is a great company that can accomodate you and all of your female guests.
- 3. Inclement weather and outdoor weddings. You will need to have a back-up plan in place. Rain, storms and emergencies happen. Being okay with a “Plan B” ahead of time will help ease the pain, if it actually has to happen.
- 4. Food restrictions and allergies. Find out if your guests and those on your wedding team who will be in attendance for the meal have any allergies or restrictions. Yes, you need to feed the wedding vendors who are still working at the time of your meal.
- 5. Finally, don’t leave things to chance. The most important point we want to make, is to hire a professional wedding planner. There are another 452 things that you need to consider. Let someone who does this for a living be on top of it to alleviate as much stress as possible.