By: Tracey Manailescu. Owner of Tracey M Events
Wedding planning can be stressful. Here are some useful tips that I wanted to share to help during the planning process that you may not have thought of.
- Set a Budget It doesn’t matter if you have unlimited funds to spend on your wedding, or if you need to keep a tighter reign on it. Everyone should have an amount in their minds that both parties agree on. Working with a wedding planner is a great way to do this, as we really like to keep an eye on what is being spent, what it’s being spent on, when payments are due and when and if, it’s time to re-evaluate the budget and increase/decrease it. We can definitely provide suggestions on how best to do this.
- DIY’ing or DIT’ing? (Do-it-Yourself, or Do-it-Together?) Are you sure about that? Wedding pros are businesses that offer certain services do so for a reason. They have tried it, revamped it and perfected it. Have you ever looked at DIY fails? Please test out anything that you want to be doing for the wedding at least two months before, so in case it doesn’t look or feel how you wanted it to, you have time to order it, or do something else instead.
- Do Not Procrastinate Working on Your Seating Chart Couples never realize just how long this takes, and how frustrating this particular task is. This is a task that only you and those very close to you, can manage as family and friend dynamics come into play.
- Avoid Glistening (Sweaty) Armpits in Your Wedding Gown Botox injections in your armpits are a real thing. If this is too much for you, Drysol or Certain Dri from Shoppers Drug Mart will do the trick. Apply it about 3-4 days before the wedding. (I recommend trying it a month or two ahead of time to see how it works for you, and to see if you get any reaction to the product as it is strong.)
- Have a “Getting Ready” Playlist Start building a getting ready playlist on Spotify for you and your girls to play while hair and makeup are being done. Add your favourite bar/club songs, get-together songs, plain old feel-good songs that remind you of super fun and happy best friend moments throughout the years. Add mimosa’s or your favourite drink of choice and enjoy it!
- Hire a Planner We feel that this is your best tip of the bunch. There are so many things that need to be looked into and after. Let a professional break down the tasks and guide you through this wonderful and exciting time, so that it stays that way.
Leave a Reply